- TRINIDAD BAY KAYAK TOUR – WHALES & WILDLIFE
- Reservations – 1 (707) 329-0085 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9am to noon daily
- $99/person – all paddling gear included
- PRIVATE/CUSTOM TOUR: $600 up to 5 guests, $1200 6-10 guests, $1800 11-15 guests
Join us for this beginner friendly kayak tour of Trinidad Bay. Trinidad harbor provides a unique, protected launching and landing location, so those new to kayaking can experience the wonders of ocean paddling without having to deal with surf and breaking waves.
We’ll provide basic instruction and safety information on land and in the harbor before exploring the coast south 2.5 miles towards Little River, returning to the harbor and our protected landing. Our guests on this tour have an opportunity to view a wide variety of wildlife, year ’round from the seat of a kayak, including a myriad of migratory sea & shore birds, porpoise, seals, sea lions, otters, sea stars, anemones, urchins, and more while silently gliding past the rock gardens, towering sea stacks, and kelp forests of the Redwood Coast.
Any time of year is a great time to paddle in Trinidad, but in April & May, thousands of migrating grey whales make their way north with their calves from Baja to Alaska. Trinidad Bay is a popular pit stop for these giants of the sea. Over the years of guiding kayak whale tours we’ve come to know several of the whale’s preferred resting spots and travel lanes, making the unique experience for viewing pods of whales from your kayak highly likely when conditions allow.
*Included with your guided tour:
- Kayak with bulkheads and perimeter lines fore & aft
- Dry suit or wet suit with paddle jacket
- PFD w/ whistle
*We encourage guests to bring:
- Synthetic or wool clothing
- Waterproof camera or phone
- Small snack
- Change of clothes